Quantity: 12 donuts – Time: 60min – Difficulty: Easy
- 185 gr of flour
- 180 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 45 ml of vegetable oil
- 3 ml of vanilla extract
- 6 gr of baking powder
- 150 gr of icing sugar
- 25 ml of milk
- 40 gr of melted butter
- 15 gr of honey
- Red or pink food coloring
You will also need:
- Colorfull sprinkles
- Donut baking mold (metal or silicone)
- Pre-heat the oven at 180ºC (356°F)
- Add the baking powder to the flour and mix well.
- In a large bowl combine sugar and egg, mixing until you get a light and fluffy mixture.
- Then, add the milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract and combine.
- Finally add the flour in two parts and mix well between each so you don’t get any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and place it in the oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes of clean.
- After the donuts are baked and while you wait for them to cool, prepare the icing.
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter, milk and honey and mix well.
- Add the icing sugar in two stages mixing well between each one to avoid lumps.
- Add the food coloring until shade desired (I went for a strong pink similar to the one in the TV series).
- Dip the donuts into the icing, letting the excess drip off.
- Add the sprinkles and enjoy