Quantity: 16 cupcakes – Time: Preparation: 25min; Cooking: 25min – Difficulty: Easy
- 1 1/2 cups of almond milk
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of spelt flour
- 1 cup of arrowroot flour
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of pure liquid vanilla bean
- 50 drops of blue food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350°F (175°C).
- In a 2 cup measuring cup, add the apple cider vinegar and fill with almond milk until it reaches 1 1/2 cups. Let it sit for five minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In another bowl, add the liquid coconut oil and vanilla extract to the almond milk and apple cider vinegar mixture.
- Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients to the dry mix and mix thoroughly until it is completely lump-free.
- Pour the mixture into paper cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- For the frosting, blend the vegetable shortening and vegan butter evenly.
- Add in the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time.
- Once it is all combined, add in the vanilla and drops of food coloring.
By Touche Naturelle