Quantity: 2-3 people – Time: 15 minutes – Difficulty: Medium
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup laminated almonds
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic and place them in a medium-heated skillet with a bit of olive oil until golden.
- Wash the broccoli, separate the sprouts and grind them with the help of a food processor. Then, add it to the skillet with a pinch of salt and mix. Let it cook for one minute if it was raw and for 3-4 minutes if it was already cooked.
- Add the almonds and stir well. Then, remove from the heat.
- Prepare the chia “eggs” by placing in a small bowl 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and 3 tablespoons of water for each egg. Remove well and let the chia make its effect (it will take from 1 to 3 minutes).
- Place the broccoli in a bowl along with the chia eggs and remuve well.
- Adjust the consistency with the breadcrumbs, adding and stirring until the balls you will make do not break (if they are very wet, add bread crumbles or wheat; if they are very dry, add a little bit of vegetable milk).
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and place the broccoli balls on a greased oven tray or over vegetal paper. Bake them for about 20-25 minutes or until the outside becomes golden and crunchy. You might need to turn them around at the middle of the time.