Quantity: 25 biscuits – Time: 1 Hour – Difficulty: Easy
- 250g of flour
- 200g of sugar
- 125g of roasted almonds with peel
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Lemon peel
(Preparation 20 min, cooking 40 min)
- In a bowl sift the flour and add the sugar, baking powder and lemon zest.
- Make a recess in the centre and add the eggs, salt and vanilla flavour.
- Knead the dough before helping with a fork to beat the eggs, then with your hands, until you fully absorb the flour and to become the homogeneous whole.
- Add the almonds and are still working, the dough will be very sticky and humid.
- Wash your hands and divide the dough into two parts. Take a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Create 2 ‘Baguette’ high 3 fingers wide and 3 fingers and arrange them in the baking pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees in preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- The two baguette will expand and grow in volume, the oven and with a knife cut the dough diagonally shaped biscuits giving the typical form of Biscotti.
- Put back the nooks on the baking sheet with the inner side facing up (the one where you see the almonds) and bake again for 15 minutes at 100 ° to cook the inside and take the irresistible crispiness.
- Let cool the cookies and serve with Vin Santo, or Malvasia (liqueur wines).
- You can store them for days in a tightly closed container.