Quantity: 4 Persons – Time: 80 min – Difficulty: Medium
- 350g Pulp Red Pumpkin
- 350g Potatoes
- 150g Flour (type “00”)
- 20 g Potato starch
- 1 Egg
Ingredients (for Taleggio cheese fondue)
- 200g Taleggio
- 300g Whole milk
- 30g butter
- 30g flour 00
- A bunch of asparaguses
- Chopped walnuts
- Begin with the preparation of dumplings.
Cook the potatoes still in their skins in salted water for 20 minutes.
Make sure the cooking stabbing a fork.
- Clean the pumpkin, cut into slices and store them in a pan lined with parchment paper, where you will cook for about 20 minutes at 200 °.
- Meanwhile, the potatoes will be ready then peel them. We sift the flour on a shelf and give shape to the fountain, creating a cavity where to crush the still-warm potatoes.
Add salt and pepper and add some nutmeg.
- Similarly, we crush even the pumpkin that will unite the mixture of flour and potatoes.
We work with your hands to mix the ingredients well and then incorporated the whole egg.
Finally, add the flour. If the dough is too soft, damp we can add other flour.
- Let the dough is shaped like a ball and let rest for about 10 minutes, covered with a cloth.
- Meanwhile, clean the asparagus, cut them into small pieces and stir-fry them in a pan with a little oil, add some salt. Once you are ready could keep them and let’s keep aside.
- In a floured shelf, we divide the dough into small pieces and give to each of them the shape of a stick, that we will cut with a size pasta in the shape of dice. Take each piece and give the classic shape of the dumpling with the appropriate article of wood or helping with a fork, letting it roll on it. We have as the gnocchi on a floured cutting board.
- For the taleggio fondue, we cut the cheese into cubes and melt the butter in a pan where we will join the flour. Add slowly the milk and heat over low heat, add the nutmeg and after that combine it with the cheese. Make sure you carefully continue to mix.
When the cream has reached the right consistency, pour it in a pan.
- Now let’s cook the gnocchi in salted water, a few at a time to avoid them to stick together. Once ready they will rise to the surface. Put the gnocchi through a sieve and then into the pan. Add the Taleggio cheese (melted), and let them cook on low heat.
- Present the whole dish adding the asparagus and some chopped nuts.